One of the keys to security online, whether through mobile, the internet, or other means, is to protect your information. Below is some information regarding for mobile security and steps you should take in emergency situations.
As a reminder, Angelina Savings Bank will NOT ask our customers for account numbers/passwords or other sensitive personal information by email, telephone, or any electronic method. As your financial institution, we should already have this information and do not need to obtain it unsolicited. Likewise, you should never send personal information such as account or Social Security numbers in emails if you do not know the recipient.
- To help protect your phone from unauthorized use, it is advisable to have a passcode to access the phone.
- Download and apply security updates and patches to your mobile browser when they are made available by your wireless provider. These are designed to provide you with protection from known possible security problems.
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Limit unauthorized access to your cell phone. Do not leave your mobile phone unattended during an open mobile banking session.
- Never save your User ID and Password in the mobile phone, in memos, or anywhere on your device.
- Always remember to log off properly using the “Sign Off” button when you have completed your mobile banking activities.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent mobile banking apps.
- If your phone is lost or stolen, contact your wireless carrier immediately to stop your wireless service.
- No account information is stored on your phone for mobile banking which helps to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts.